What We Believe
Our Kingdom Beliefs
We believe that there is One God and He reveals Himself in three Persons. the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit. [Genesis 1:1,2,26; Proverbs 30:4; Matthew 3:16,17; John 14:26
We believe the Holy Bible, in its original, inspired, written form, including both the Old and New Covenants, is the only God-breathed and inspired literary work. The Holy Bible is the only source whereby all mankind can discover the will of God for their lives and be reconciled to Him through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Also, we believe that the Holy Bible is the final authority for which God has commanded His Church to be built. In the Old Covenant, He commanded both Moses and David to build according to the “pattern” or blueprint that He gave to them. In the New Covenant the Lord Jesus said that He would build His Church and the gates of hell would not prevail against it. [Exodus 25:9, 40; Exodus 26:30; Numbers 8:4, 1 Chronicles 28:11,12,19; Matthew 16:18; Acts 7:44; 2 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 4:12; Hebrews 8:5; 1 Peter 1:23-25; 2 Peter 1:19-21; and others]
We believe that every human is born into sin, and is, therefore, considered to be a sinner by God and separated from Him. We also believe that because of the sin nature in every person they are incapable of living life free from sin. Therefore, every person is in bondage to sin. Man without God is lost and undone, without God, and / or hope in this world, and in desperate need for a Savior. [Psalm 51:5; Romans 3:10,19-26; Romans 6:6,16-18,23; Galatians 3:22-26; Ephesians 2:1,2,12
We believe that Jesus Christ of Nazareth is both fully God and fully Man. He is known throughout the Scripture as the Son of God, and the Son of Man. He is both Divine and Human. Therefore, we believe that He is God who came in the flesh to reveal the Father’s heart of redemption for the whole world. He is, therefore, the only mediator between God and man. We believe that Jesus lived and ministered as a human in right relationship with God the Father and was led totally by the Holy Spirit. [Daniel 3:25; Matthew 8:20,29; Matthew 14:33; Luke 1:26-38; John 1:1,14; John 14:1-3; Matthew 12:32; 1 Timothy 2:5 and many others]
We believe in the saving (Greek-sozo/sode-zo à forgiving, healing, and delivering) power of the blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. We believe in His imputed righteousness and wholeness to everyone who will believe in, adhere to, rely on, and places their complete trust in Him. [Romans 10:9,10; Romans 5:1-11; Ephesians 3:1-15a; 1Peter 1:18,19; Acts 4:10,12; 1 Thessalonians 5:23]
Death, Burial, Resurrection, Ascension, And Return
We believe in the bodily death, burial, resurrection, ascension to heaven, and return to earth of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. [Luke 23:1–Luke 24:53; Acts 1:1-11; Zechariah 12:10; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18]
Laying on of Hands
We believe in the laying on of hands for imparting spiritual gifts, the gifts of healings, and for ordination of candidates for ministry, especially the five-fold grace gift ministries. [Matthew 8:1-3; Acts 6:6; Acts 13:1-3; 2 Timothy 1:6]
Five gift offices that were to govern, and equip the Church. Those gift offices are: apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, and teacher. Theses are commonly referred to as the five-fold ascension gifts of Christ. Their purpose was to equip the believers to do the work – of ministry. Verses 12 – 16 tell us what will happen when this team does its work effectively. The Body will be equipped, mature, grow and love. We believe that all five offices are needed and required for Ephesians 4:12-16 to be accomplished. The text says they are to be active “UNTIL” these things are completed.
Gifts of the Holy Spirit
We believe that the Holy Spirit has nine supernatural gifts that He releases through born again, Spirit filled and Spirit led believers, as He determines is best. We do not believe that these are all of the gifts that should be present in a local church, but that they are the gifts that the Holy Spirit possesses and disperses as He wills. [1 Corinthians 12:1-11; Hebrews 2:4 Amplified]
These gifts are as follows:
Revelation Gifts / The Mind of God
• Word of Wisdom - Is the supernatural release of information to a Spirit-led believer that deals with the future. It is a small part of the mind and / or will of God that the believer has no way of knowing except by the supernatural release of this gift to him by the Spirit of God. It usually carries with it information on how God wants the information handled
• Word of Knowledge - Is the supernatural release of specific information that the Spirit-led believer has no way of knowing except by this gift. It also is a small part of the mind and will of God and it RELATES TO THE PAST OR PRESENT.
• Discerning of Spirits - Is not discernment. It is the supernatural ability, by the Spirit of God, to discern the spirit motivating a person, situation, or event. It is the ability to see into the spiritual realm either with the physical eyes or the spiritual eyes. The Spirit-led believer can see angels, demons, the human spirit or even the Holy Spirit by this gift.
The Power Gifts / The Hands of God
• Special Faith - Is the supernatural ability to believe God for the impossible. All doubt and unbelief is emptied out and the Spirit-led believer is filled with this overcoming faith. This faith is the supernatural gift of faith that the Holy Spirit releases for a specific, usually impossible, situation. It is not the measure of faith that all believers are given, nor is it saving faith that is given to unbelievers.
• Miracles - Is the supernatural ability of God, released through a Spirit-led believer that transcends and / or violates the natural laws in order to accomplish the impossible.
• Healings - The supernatural healing power of God released through a Spirit-led believer that releases people from sickness, disease, oppression, or torment.
The Vocal Gifts / The Mouth of God
• Prophecy - Is the supernatural utterance from God through a Spirit-led believer in a language that the believer knows. The purpose of this gift is to bless others through edification [building up], exhortation [cheering or stirring up], and / or comfort [helping up]. It is never to be used to judge, condemn, correct, etc. It is always to bless people and glorify Jesus.
• Tongues - This is the supernatural utterance from God through a Spirit-led believer in a language that the believer has never learned. This supernatural utterance can be in a heavenly language or an earthly one. [1 Corinthians 13:1] The purpose for this gift is the same as for prophecy. Tongues has two distinct usages. First, for the believer’s own personal devotion [prayer, worship] and secondly public communication [gift of tongues with interpretation]. Anytime we communicate with God it is prayer or worship. Anytime God communicates to us it is a gift. [1 Corinthians 14:2,4a,5,6,13-15,18]
• Interpretation of Tongues - Is the supernatural utterance from God through a Spirit-led believer in a language that the believer has learned. It is an interpretation and not a translation. [1 Corinthians 14:5]
• Divine Health - We believe it is the Father’s heart for people to walk continually in wholeness. When some type of dis-ease attacks a person, we believe it is His will to release health and wholeness to the person hurting. Healing is one of the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit. Jesus modeled the Father’s desire over and over again in the Gospels. The early Church continued this as well through the Book of Acts. The Old Covenant is replete with references to the Father’s heart in this matter. As far as we are concerned, it cannot be proven that God wants people in bondage to sickness at any time. He never puts it on people or allows them to contract it in order to teach them something, or to work out some problem in their life. If it was the Father’s will for us to glorify Him by getting and remaining sick, even for a moment, then Jesus would have modeled that for us. He is the perfect representation of the Father. We believe that wholeness in every area, and relationship in life is the goal of the redemption of Christ on the cross of Calvary.
God is the Healer. He may choose to heal sovereignly, without any human involvement, or He may choose to use people through prayer, the laying on of hands, or even through the medical profession. No man can heal regardless of what method is used. God is the Healer! In many ways God created the human body with the ability to heal itself. It is interesting that the very first covenant name that God gave to the Israelites, after they had been freed from bondage in Egypt [a type of conversion] was Jehovah Rapha. This covenant name means – ‘I am the Lord your wholeness, health, healer, physician, etc.’ He did not call Himself the Lord your Redemption [Jehovah Tsidkenu] or the Lord your Sanctification [Jehovah M’kaddesh]. He called Himself the Lord their Healer. [Exodus 15:26; Isaiah 52:14-Isaiah 53:5; Psalms 103:1-5 [the believers benefit package]; Mark 16:18; James 5:14-16; Matthew 4:23-25; Matthew 9:35; Matthew 10:1,7,8; Acts 4:10,12; Acts 5:15,16 and a multitude of others]
Priesthood of the Believer
We believe that every born again believer is a priest unto God. Every believer has access to Him whenever and wherever he or she chooses to come into His Presence, through the only mediator between God and man, is the Man Christ Jesus. This does not mean that we can approach God disrespectfully. We should consider well Who we are coming before. Priests stand before God on behalf of man, and stand before man on behalf of God. Every born again believer is therefore in full time ministry regardless of their vocation. [Exodus 19:6; Ecclesiastes 5:2; 1 Peter 2:9; Revelation 1:6]
Gift of Eternal Life
We believe the only way for mankind to be reconciled to God is through a personal faith in, and relationship with His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. This can only be achieved by faith, but is proven out by the fruit of good works. The redeemed of the Lord will spend eternity with Him in heaven, and the accursed [those who reject God’s free gift of life] will spend eternity separated from Him in hell. [Isaiah 59:2; Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8,9; James 2:14-26; Romans 4:1-8; Romans 5:1,2; John 14:15,24 and others]
Sanctification means separated from to be separated to. We believe in the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit that begins the moment a person is born again by the Spirit of God. We believe this is a life long process, and is greatly helped when the person cooperates with the working of the Spirit. We believe that God is committed to complete every work that He begins in the life of the believer. We believe that every believer should seek to live a life worthy of the calling with which he or she has been called in order to bring glory and honor to the Lord Jesus Christ. [John 16:7-11; Romans 12:1-3; 1 Corinthians 3:16-18; 1 Corinthians 6:19,20; 1Peter 1:16; Philippians 1:27; Ephesians 4:1; Philippians 2:13; Philippians 1:6]
Heaven and Hell
We believe in a literal and physical heaven and hell. Heaven is for those people redeemed by the blood of Christ. Hell is for the devil and every free moral agent that follows in his footsteps in rebellion against the Lord and His Anointed. [Matthew 25:34,41,46; Luke 16:19-31; John 14:1-3; Revelation 20:11-15]
Baptism in the Holy Spirit
We believe in the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, Who is the third Person of the triune Godhead. We believe in His work involving conversion, regeneration, and sanctification, and gifting. His work includes, but is not limited to, convicting of sin, righteousness, and judgment. He leads the believer into all truth. He reminds believers of things that Christ has spoken to them. He releases spiritual gifts to the believers as He wills. He empowers believers to be witnesses of Christ and continues to do the works that Jesus did while He was on the earth in human form. He glorifies Jesus by taking what is His and giving it to us. He searches the deep things of God. He prays for us when we do not know how to pray. We believe the evidence a person has been baptized in the Holy Spirit is that he or she will have been endued with power from heaven. [John 14, 16; Acts 1:8; Romans 8:26-27; 1 Corinthians 12, 14; Hebrews 2:4 Amplified]
We believe that the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, with the evidence of speaking in other [unknown/unlearned] tongues, is for every born again believer in the Lord Jesus Christ who will ask for and receive them by faith [Luke 11:9-13; 24:49-53; John 14:26; John 16:8,13,14; 20:19-22; Acts 1:5,8; Acts 2:1-11; Acts 4:31; Acts 8:14-18; Acts 10:34-48; Acts 11:16; Acts 19:1-7; Romans 8:26-27; 1 Corinthians 2:10; 12 & 14; Hebrews 2:4 Amplified Bible]
If you have any questions about our beliefs, you may contact us (HERE)
RCPI Bible College is a ministry of Ruach Chayah Apostolic Global Alliance